Permanent node removal from Galera cluster

sa

Jan 4, 2023, 10:20:19 AM1/4/23
to codership
There are instructions about temporary removal a node from Galera, for backup, upgrade or testing.
But I couldn't find a safe step-by-step procedure for _permanent_ removal.

I have a cluster with 4 nodes.

1. I issue `mysqladmin shutdown` on the node to remove.
2. Then, supposedly, I remove the node's address from `wsrep_cluster_address` on random live node, then I restart mysqld, then repeat this on other nodes?

Colin Charles

Mar 17, 2023, 1:40:56 AM3/17/23
to sa, codership
you could just remove the basic config in my.cnf for permanent node removal

wsrep_on=on should go, as should wsrep_provider=…

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/
twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles