Galera remote node encounter "Inconsistency detected" error when CTAS DDL with transaction fragment

egw...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2022, 3:45:21 AM9/18/22
to codership
Hi,

We encountered node inconsistency issue in one of our Galera cluster with MariaDB.  After checking, the problem is related to CTAS "Create Table As Select" DDL.  We have Galera transaction fragment in the case.

A simple test case is prepared and no issue when transaction fragment is disabled.

We need transaction fragment enabled since vendor application need to run a large transaction (>2GB).

Test case is attached: galera-transation-fragment-ctas-ddl-inconsistent.txt

DB error log about the inconsistency: galera-transation-fragment-ctas-ddl-inconsistent.mysqld.node2.log

Known bug?
galera-transation-fragment-ctas-ddl-inconsistent.mysqld.node2.log
galera-transation-fragment-ctas-ddl-inconsistent.txt

Daniele Sciascia

Sep 20, 2022, 10:38:23 AM9/20/22
to codership
Hi,

This is a known limitation. CTAS does not work in combination with streaming replication.
However, an error should have been raised immediately when attempting to do so (instead of causing inconsistency on the applying node).

Daniele