Galera Manager on DigitalOcean doesn't seem to work...

Shane McCarron

Aug 8, 2022, 1:36:24 AM8/8/22
to codership
I have set up gmd on a new droplet in our DO environment.   That works really well!  But when I tell it to create a cluster and add 3 nodes, it seems to never quite succeed.  It will spin up the droplets, configure firewalls, etc.  But then the nodes either fail to start, or fail to join the cluster, or get into some other weird configuration. I have two questions:

  1. Has anyone succeeded in deploying this on Digital Ocean just 'out of the box' ?
  2. Is there a way to tell gmd to use a DO virtual private cloud address space for communication among the nodes?
Thanks!