Galera cluster crash after one node fall down

Judson Borges

Mar 5, 2021, 1:00:07 PM3/5/21
to codership
Hi Guys,

My setup is 3 mariadb nodes on galera cluster, node 1 has 10.10.10.1 address, node 2 has 20.20.20.10 address and node 3 has 20.20.20.11 address. Yesterday after blackout my node 1 (10.10.10.1) crashes totally. So the others nodes not startup because node 1 is not part of cluter anymore. What's happening? What's wrong? I thought the cluster would provide high availability in this case!

Thanks advance!

brian....@googlemail.com

Mar 8, 2021, 3:08:07 AM3/8/21
to codership
Have you had any replies to this?
I think you'd stand a better chance if you supply versionnumbers and logs. Otherwise it's hard to tell what might have confused your nodes. Usually Galera handles a single node dropout just fine - if the remaining nodes are running when it happens.