Cluster locking up with Lock wait timeout exceeded

Dan

Mar 18, 2022, 4:08:23 AM3/18/22
to codership
Hi all, We're running a cluster of 5 nodes (dropped down to 3 to try to resolve this issue) and keep having consistent issues where our cluster is seemingly locking up due to a lock wait timeout.

I've tried increasing the lock timeout to no avail and even attempting to kill the process that currently has the lock doesn't work as the kill process itself gets stuck.

The only solution seems to be to reboot the entire cluster each time that this happens - it causes all nodes within the cluster to throw errors the very second it starts on 1 node within the cluster.

The exact error the queries get is: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction.

Not sure if anyone else has come across this / if there are any known issues around this?