Avoid split-brain on Two-Node Clusters: possibly misleading article in knowledgebase

Visto 72 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Patricio Keilty

no leída,
17 dic 2020, 9:11:1917/12/20
a codership
Hi folks,
We recently started using Galera Cluster 3 as means to make our MySQL data layer more robust. We initially set up a 2 node cluster, but soon found out we needed to avoid split-brain situations....so we conduct our research and test-drive different approaches, reading through the documentation and knowledge base was very helpful indeed.
We tried the following:

a- 2 nodes using pc.weight=2 parameter on one of the nodes so that quorum is achieved when such node is up and running
b- 2 nodes running garbd (arbitrator) on both nodes as sugested by article in KB (https://galeracluster.com/library/kb/two-node-clusters.html)

Option a is sub-optimal solution because you may end up with a second node up and no quorum. Option b didn't work at all since you can never achieve quorum having total weight of 2+2.

To the best of our knowledge, the proper approach to avoid split-brain seems to be using a third node with arbitrator. Would appreciate your kind advice on this subject.

Also, wanted to point out that the good quality material in the documentation, tutorials and KB helped us a lot in the process. "Two-Node Clusters" article seems somewhat misleading though.

Greetings,
--patricio

vidhut singh

no leída,
15 jun 2022, 11:27:0615/6/22
a codership
Yes this is a misleading article since I tried and couldn't bring up the galera-arbitrator as it gives following error

failed to open gcomm backend connection: 98: error while trying to listen 'tcp://0.0.0.0:4567?socket.non_blocking=1', asio error 'bind: Address already in use': 98 (Address already in use)

Nilesh Ramesh Gavali

no leída,
2 sept 2022, 15:44:522/9/22
a codership
Hi Patricio, you need to run (garbd) Arbitrator process on a  (single) separate (third) node.
On Thursday, 17 December 2020 at 19:41:19 UTC+5:30 patrici...@gmail.com wrote:
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar