Galera manager ssh keys fail

Gaston Martin

Apr 12, 2021, 2:02:20 AM4/12/21
to codership
Hi I am trying to create a cluster and add nodes using galera manager, but I have some doubts:

I am using ubuntu 20.04
Galera cluster 4 Mysql

I already installed in the 3 nodes the cluster mysql gallery and it is working.

Install the galera manager to be able to manage it

but i can't work with ssh

follow the steps of these two links:

But the part of the rsa is not clear

You will configure the cluster using the host type as "unmanaged"

You will enter the SSH private key that was generated earlier, as well as the authorized_keys.?
which ssh private keys?
those created in the first node?
those created where install the manager?

I tried many things test as a common user and as root
When I add the nodes I get in the manager's log:

level = info msg = "error creating ssh connection: ssh: handshake failed: ssh: unable to authenticate, attempted methods [none publickey], no supported methods remain" channel-type = stderr host-name = node201

Any suggestion?

ภาณุพงศ์ ปรึกษา

Apr 17, 2021, 8:02:20 AM4/17/21
to codership
I also got the same problem. Any solution to this?

Colin Charles

Apr 21, 2021, 4:25:06 AM4/21/21
to Gaston Martin, codership
You will have to use unmanaged and ensure the same SSH private key and authorized_keys file is used (the one you generated on the Galera Manager node is fine)

Have you maybe tried this tutorial/blog? https://galeracluster.com/2021/02/using-galera-manager-to-monitor-your-existing-galera-clusters/

let me know if you have further questions or roadblocks

cheers,
-c

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/