Can't upload to codereview.appspot.com

anatoly techtonik

Oct 15, 2015, 1:24:40 AM10/15/15
to codereview-discuss
I am getting "certificate verify failed" with upload.py script.

    urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>

Python urllib2 can not connect to https://codereview.appspot.com but https://www.python.org
works ok. I asked the question on StackOverflow, but perhaps people here already see that
problem:

Andi Albrecht

Oct 15, 2015, 4:04:20 AM10/15/15
to anatoly techtonik, codereview-discuss
Hi Anatoly,

no issues here:

$ python
Python 2.7.10 (default, Sep  8 2015, 17:20:17)
>>> import urllib2
>>> resp = urllib2.urlopen("https://codereview.appspot.com")
>>> print(resp.code)
200

Best regards,

Andi

anatoly techtonik

Oct 15, 2015, 10:57:56 AM10/15/15
to Andi Albrecht, codereview-discuss
No issues, because on Linux you already using the latest version of OpenSSL.
For Windows, however, the _ssl.pyd is outdated and I expect many users to
experience the same issue. Unless.. somebody finds a way to convince
Python folks to wrap new release for Windows.

--
anatoly t.