please join session on inspiring next gen of women in tech 3/23 at 10am EST

Kim Wilkens

Mar 20, 2013, 6:49:32 AM3/20/13
to coderdo...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to extend an invitation to my session, Teen Tech Girls: Inspiring the Next Generation of Women in Tech at the Breaking Traditions Online Conference on March 23 at 10am EST. The conference is free & you can join the virtual room without registration (although I'm sure the conf. organizers would appreciate your registration). The link for the virtual room (Blackboard Collaborate) will be available here. I would love to have any of you drop in and share your experiences of engaging girls in tech. I can even add a slide or two for you in the presentation.

Thanks,
Kim

Rebecca Garcia

Mar 20, 2013, 7:30:47 AM3/20/13
to Kim Wilkens, coderdo...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic, thanks for sharing Kim! I will definitely register and try to attend, although we actually have a girls session this Sunday ;)

Eugene McDonough

Mar 21, 2013, 4:23:25 AM3/21/13
to coderdo...@googlegroups.com, Pam O Brien
Hi Kim,
We will try to drop in as well from Limerick once our Main Dojo & all girls session is over. And after we attempt a Harlem Shake for a bit of PR.

Our very own Pam O'Brien  will be on later in the day discussing "What Can We Learn from CoderDojo?"

I would like to wish you both the best of luck.

Regards,
Eugene

Pam O Brien

Mar 21, 2013, 6:19:44 AM3/21/13
to Eugene McDonough, coderdo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the good wishes Eugene

Kim, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make any of your session as it
coincides with the end of our CoderDojo session and I'll be travelling
home afterwards. I had really hoped to be able to drop in to it. If
I don't get a chance I hope it goes well.

Regards,
Pam

Patricia Araque

Mar 21, 2013, 7:17:28 AM3/21/13
to Eugene McDonough, Pam O Brien, coderdo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kim!

I will definitively join. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers from Spain

Patricia Araque
www.patriciaaraque.es
@patriciaaraque
Sent from my cool Android

Kim Wilkens

Mar 21, 2013, 7:20:17 AM3/21/13
to Patricia Araque, Eugene McDonough, Pam O Brien, coderdo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! And can I just say I love the global connections that CoderDojo has inspired!

Kim
Take action to empower "tech" girls!

"Empower and invest in girls so they can become the change we all need to see in the world!"

Eugene McDonough

Mar 21, 2013, 7:22:08 AM3/21/13
to Kim Wilkens, Patricia Araque, Pam O Brien, coderdo...@googlegroups.com
We are a small country but we spread out well :-)

Karen O'Connell

Mar 21, 2013, 7:01:34 PM3/21/13
to coderdo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the invite Kim - I'll try my best to catch some of this but I'll be just finished hosting our first Coderdojo Divas session in Limerick. Best of luck with the presentation and thanks for sharing all the materials.

Best regards,
Karen

Pam O Brien

Mar 21, 2013, 7:38:00 PM3/21/13
to Karen O'Connell, coderdo...@googlegroups.com
I'm also presenting at the Breaking Traditions conference on Saturday
(5.30pm EST 9.30pm GMT). It would be great to have some others to
share their CoderDojo experiences

Pam

Rebecca Garcia

Mar 22, 2013, 1:42:17 PM3/22/13
to coderdo...@googlegroups.com, Karen O'Connell
Hi Pam,

I may be able to join in! Please do send more details.

Best,
Rebecca