CoderDojo GitHub is Back!

Cameron McEfee

Jun 11, 2013, 4:22:47 PM6/11/13
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com

Starting June 22nd we'll be doing six consecutive Saturday classes focused on creating a single game. We'll be working on the technology as well as story writing and character building.

We'll be posting all of our lesson material early, so people that can't make it can follow along, and more advanced students can work ahead, using the Saturday times to ask mentors questions/get advanced help.

During the last hour of each session our mentors will stick around to answer any unrelated questions students might be interested in. Always wondered how Photoshop works? Want to know where to start building robots? Hang out afterward and get some answers!

To learn more about what we have planned and to grab tickets, head on over to the Eventbrite page: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/7053277543.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Cameron

marcy

Jun 12, 2013, 1:37:36 PM6/12/13
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great!.

FYI for those who need to park, there is a baseball game on June 22nd at 1:00. This may affect parking availability and pricing for some lots.  July 6th game is at 4:00. July 20 and 27th games are at 6:00.

Marcy

Meesha Halm

Sep 10, 2013, 1:12:36 PM9/10/13
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
When's the next series in SF starting up? I have a very eager tech savvy teen dying to get into the act.

Ilona Bodnar

Nov 4, 2013, 11:21:11 PM11/4/13
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please let us know ASAP! Would like to get involved.

Bob Ippolito

Nov 4, 2013, 11:42:33 PM11/4/13
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
If any more mentors are needed, I'd love to help out. I'm an instructor at a similar after school program for HS students on Tue and Thurs (Mission Bit) but my Saturdays are free :)

Cameron McEfee

Nov 7, 2013, 1:06:23 PM11/7/13
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Unfortunately, it appears there was some confusion on our end and tickets for the upcoming event weren't posted to the Google Group. They sold out very quickly. For the first lesson we'll be in a small area, so we won't be able to accommodate more than have already signed up, but the remaining sessions will be in a larger area. If you would like to add yourself to the waiting list, we'll release tickets to people in the order they were added to the list as they become available if the size constraints will allow it. https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8881714447

I'm sorry that the tickets were not posted here as planned. :(

Cameron