Is there any way we can help get SF chapter active again?

瀏覽次數:20 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Alisa Brozinsky

未讀,
2014年2月21日 中午12:09:352014/2/21
收件者:coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi there. Just wondering if there's any way the community can help facilitate the SF chapter become active again. The Silicon Valley chapter is in full swing, but it's been such a trek driving down there. I know many people interested in sessions in SF, so wanted to see if there was anything we could all do to help facilitate this.

Thanks,

Alisa

Pamela Ocampo

未讀,
2014年2月22日 上午11:45:092014/2/22
收件者:coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
I haven't been to any dojos yet but joined this group because I was interested in attending. Not sure if there has been any activity since then. Is this group language specific? There's a clojure dojo at ThoughtWorks this week. http://meetu.ps/21CKWW

Cameron McEfee

未讀,
2014年2月22日 上午11:58:492014/2/22
收件者:coderdoj...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alisa,

The mentors are in the process of planning their next lessons. Currently they’re working on plans for a monthly beginners course which will cover (I believe) Scratch as an intro to coding. The date and tickets for that event should be announce soon. They’re also in the process of planing a hardware hacking class, but have not yet set a date.

Our greatest need at the moment is for people available and willing to to commit to organizing and planning sessions. If you're interested in being involved with the process, let me know and I can get you connected with the mentors that are currently doing this

Cameron

Cameron McEfee

未讀,
2014年2月22日 中午12:01:132014/2/22
收件者:coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pamela,

CoderDojo is organization that teaches kids 6-18 how to code. Our particular dojo doesn't have a specific language we focus on, but rather do multi-week lessons that focus on a topic or language. Most of our mentors are front-end developers so there are a lot of Javascript projects, but we've done Python, Ruby, GameMaker, and a number of other topics in the past.

Cameron
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄