We're back on March 15th!

Mike Fowler

Mar 4, 2014, 2:46:13 PM3/4/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hey San Francisco!

Over the past six months, our dojo has been experimenting with running longer sessions, five to six consecutive weekends, during which we are able to teach more advanced material, each week's lesson drawing upon the last. We love the longer sessions, and we think that the students are able learn a lot, too.

This month we're taking a break from the long format to get back to the basics. First-time coders, this is for you! On March 15th we'll be teaching lessons from Code.org's "Hour of Code". The lessons will be geared toward students new to programming, tackling basic but important concepts like functions and programming logic.

A new online home for CoderDojo San Francisco

The past year we've been working on a website that we could call our new home. CoderDojoSF.com is that new home! In addition to displaying the basics about our dojo, this website will be the primary place for signing up for events and referencing material from all of our past lessons.

Registration opens March 8

Registration for the March 15th class will open a week in advance, this Saturday, March 8th, on our new website. If you head there now you can enter your email address and we'll send you a reminder the minute registration begins.

Hope to see you soon!

Sonia Murray

Mar 4, 2014, 4:33:41 PM3/4/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Do students need to bring their own laptops? We are a Mac household but could probably borrow a Dell if needed.

***********************************
Sonia Murray, French Translator
sonia.i...@gmail.com
www.frenchlanguageservices.biz
tel:  (415) 244-6902
fax: (913) 273-7857
***********************************

Le vent s'oppose à toi, tourmente ton habit,
Mais il gonfle tes ailes et t'offre un point d'appui.
Robert Paquin

Mike Fowler

Mar 5, 2014, 10:46:14 PM3/5/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Sonia,

Students do need to bring their own laptops, yes. If you're more comfortable on a Macbook, bring that, but either will work!

Sonia Murray

Mar 6, 2014, 2:50:47 PM3/6/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Mike! We'll be there with Macs on.

Rob Sopkic

Mar 11, 2014, 5:23:34 PM3/11/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

I just jumped on the coderdojo site to register my son for the March 15 class and see that it closed - are all spots filled?  Any last minute withdrawals we can fill?

Rob

--
Rob Sopkic