CoderDojo SF is coming back!

Cameron McEfee

Nov 13, 2015, 1:04:22 PM11/13/15
to CoderDojo San Francisco

Hello!

CoderDojo SF is coming back, run by a new group mentors. Emmie Chang and Karen Sijbrandij will be taking over as lead organizers and are looking for more mentors/volunteers to help out! Here’s how they describe themselves:

Emmie is the CEO/ Founder of Camperoo, a Y-Combinator backed company based in SF that focuses on a marketplace for kids to learn 21st century skills such as teamwork, creativity, and design thinking using engineering and programming. In addition to being a female founder and engineer, she started a tech-summer camp in Texas that currently serves 1000 + kids / yr. Emmie holds a B.S.E.E. from Rice University and an M.B.A from University of Texas-Austin.

Karen is the founder of Sapra consulting, a Ruby on Rails development company based in SF, helping startups with their back-end engineering requirements. She is an organizer of RailsGirls in Netherlands and has produced numerous workshops teaching adults to code. Prior to becoming an engineer, Karen studied organizational psychology and social science at the University College in Utrecht and holds a Masters degree from the London School of Economics and Political Sciences.

Your information is important to us. We’re giving them the name “CoderDojoSF” so that they can use with their own accounts, but we will not be giving them your contact information or any data that you have provided to us. If you are interested in receiving information about their future sessions, please join their mailing list or follow them on Twitter. You can also sign up for their first session. And if you have any questions about the new future of CoderDojo SF, you can email them at coder...@gmail.com. They will be sending details about the future of CoderDojo SF soon.

Because CoderDojoSF will no longer be associated with GitHub, and to make room for Camperoo’s dojo, we will be closing down all of our sites/accounts, with the exception of our GitHub account, which will now be found at https://github.com/CoderDojoGitHub. All of our lessons will remain there should you ever wish to revist them.

We would like to personally thank you for your past participation in CoderDojo GitHub and hope that you enjoy the future.

<3 and octocats,

Cameron and all the mentors