Fwd: Attend CoderDojo’s #EUDojo @ the European Parliament, Brussels!

Eugene McDonough

Sep 1, 2016, 12:04:22 PM9/1/16
to coderdojo org

New CoderDojo.com Article:

EU Dojo

Hosted by Seán Kelly, MEP

from 1pm – 3pm on Monday 17th October 2016.

The EU Dojo is taking place again this year on the 17th October in the European Parliament in Brussels to celebrate EU Code Week. At the event MEP’s will be taught their first lines of code by CoderDojo youth attendees!

Would you like to attend the event in Brussels and teach the MEP’s a thing or two about coding?

Get Involved

We are looking for Mentors and Champions from all over Europe to bring young people from their Dojos to Brussels on 17th October. We are specifically looking for young people who are eager to Mentor or who already Mentor at their Dojo.

This is an opportunity for Ninjas to showcase the skills and creativity present in their Dojos to a very important audience of MEPs. We want the Ninjas, Champions and Mentors who attend EU Dojo to show MEPs just how cool coding is and how much fun you have doing it!

If you are interested in attending with young people from your Dojo click below!

Click Here to Apply

Note: Only CoderDojo Mentors or Champions should fill in the form. An amount of bursaries will be available towards travel costs. We will be contacting the Dojos who have completed the form in Late-September to confirm their attendance and guarantee their place. Filling in the form alone is not a guarantee of a place. Deadline 26th September @ 23:59 (GMT).

EU Dojo 2015

On September 30th, the third annual #EUDojo event hosted by CoderDojo and Seán Kelly MEP took place in the EU Parliament in Brussels. Over 60 CoderDojo Youths,  Mentors, Champions and Parents from across the EU were invited to participate.  The young coders from countries including Ireland, the Netherlands, Romania, Spain, Italy and the UK were welcomed to Brussels to showcase their coding and technology skills and to teach some MEPs how to write a few lines of code. With ages ranging from 7 upwards, the young people amazed participants with their knowledge and ability.

Read about last years event here.

from CoderDojo http://ift.tt/2bFjGTy
via IFTTT

coderdojo athlone

Oct 3, 2016, 6:34:28 AM10/3/16
to coderd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eugene,

We applied for the above a few weeks ago but haven't herd any word back ?

Regards,
Aidan

www.coderdojoathlone.net
Follow: @coderdojoathlon

Eugene McDonough

Oct 3, 2016, 6:37:16 AM10/3/16
to coderdojo org
Hi Aidan,
I am sure someone form the Foundation will reply here with an update on the selection process and how far along they are currently.

Regards,

Eugene McDonough
CoderDojo Limerick Co-Founder  / Dojocon Founder / Board Member CoderDojo Ireland
T: @eugenemcd @CoderDojoLim @CoderDojo
Skype: eugenemcdonough  G+: eugenemcd  m: +353(0)87 653 7694

Peter O'Shea

Oct 3, 2016, 9:10:15 AM10/3/16
to coderd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aidan,

We will be in touch by EOD.

Regards,

Pete

Pete O'Shea
Community (EMEA) & Events
PH: +353876965019 | Skype: peter__oshea
Twitter: @peter0shea @CoderDojo

CoderDojo are celebrating 5 years since our 1st Dojo

Get tickets to attend our 5th Birthday on September 17th here

Start your own Dojo and join our global network of more
than 1090 Dojos spanning 63 countries!

Hello World Foundation operating as the CoderDojo Foundation is a company limited by guarantee not having a share capital with charitable status, CHY 20812. Registered in Dublin, Ireland, No 524255. Registered Office: Dogpatch Labs, Unit 1, CHQ Building, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland.