GitHub Education

Mark Corkery

Aug 25, 2016, 5:03:49 PM8/25/16
to CoderDojo Organizers
Hi folks,

are people aware of this from GitHub:

And in particular the classroom aspect:

Has anyone used this to provide starter projects for older ninja's?

/Mark

John R Harrington

Aug 25, 2016, 7:26:18 PM8/25/16
to coderd...@googlegroups.com

Mark, no (and thanks for sharing), but only because we do not have older teens which it seems to be best suited for?

Regards,

John.

John Harrington
https://d3mod6n032mdiz.cloudfront.net/thumb2/j/o/h/johnrharrington/johnrharrington-105x70.jpg

http://www.linkedin.com/img/signature/pic_plastic_cool_26x130.gif

Mobile: +44 748 222 1338

Mobile: +353 86 2518914

Email: jo...@jharrington.ie

www: www.innovatus.ie

IM: John_Harrington (Skype)
http://www.linkedin.com/img/signature/icon_in_blue_14x14.gif http://ie.linkedin.com/in/jharrington1
Follow me on Twitter

image001.jpg

Mark Corkery

Sep 5, 2016, 4:28:25 PM9/5/16
to CoderDojo Organizers
The swag bag of gear arrived today. It's pretty sweet actually, and given me motivation to try on the classroom. Similar to you though, for most of our ninja's this may be too advanced if not introduced at right level.

/Mark
DSC_0356.jpg

Padraic Wade

Sep 8, 2016, 3:48:39 AM9/8/16
to CoderDojo Organizers
Hey Mark,

What did the pack contain?

Padraic Wade

Mark Corkery

Sep 8, 2016, 3:56:28 AM9/8/16
to CoderDojo Organizers
I have a full list at home but if I recall:

* 1 x Github Poster
* 30 x Github Cheetsheets
* 30 x Gitflow cards
* 30 x Git markdown cards
* 30 x GitHub for Robotics comics
* 30 x Octocat stickers
* 1 x voucher for Github shop

/Mark

Peter O'Shea

Sep 8, 2016, 7:30:36 AM9/8/16
to coderd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

This is pretty cool! I just applied for a kit there. How long did it take?

Did you know there is an official CoderDojo Octocat?

Pete

Pete O'Shea
Community (EMEA) & Events
PH: +353876965019 | Skype: peter__oshea
Twitter: @peter0shea @CoderDojo

CoderDojo are celebrating 5 years since our 1st Dojo

Get tickets to attend our 5th Birthday on September 17th here

Start your own Dojo and join our global network of more
than 1090 Dojos spanning 63 countries!

Hello World Foundation operating as the CoderDojo Foundation is a company limited by guarantee not having a share capital with charitable status, CHY 20812. Registered in Dublin, Ireland, No 524255. Registered Office: Dogpatch Labs, Unit 1, CHQ Building, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland.

Mark Corkery

Sep 8, 2016, 8:05:35 AM9/8/16
to coderd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete, I placed the order on the 24th of August and it arrived on the 5th, so it's not too long considering it's shipped from the states.

The image is class! Could you see if someone in the community could make a badge out of it for awarding to ninja's?

/Mark

Pete O'Shea
Community (EMEA) & Events
PH: +353876965019 | Skype: peter__oshea
Twitter: @peter0shea @CoderDojo

CoderDojo are celebrating 5 years since our 1st Dojo

Get tickets to attend our 5th Birthday on September 17th here

Start your own Dojo and join our global network of more
than 1090 Dojos spanning 63 countries!

Hello World Foundation operating as the CoderDojo Foundation is a company limited by guarantee not having a share capital with charitable status, CHY 20812. Registered in Dublin, Ireland, No 524255. Registered Office: Dogpatch Labs, Unit 1, CHQ Building, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland.

Peter O'Shea

Sep 8, 2016, 11:07:59 AM9/8/16
to coderd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

I will look into the possibility of creating it for those that finish some of the github class tutorials. I just requested a pack there so will see if they send it on.

Thanks,

Pete

Pete O'Shea
Community (EMEA) & Events
PH: +353876965019 | Skype: peter__oshea
Twitter: @peter0shea @CoderDojo

CoderDojo are celebrating 5 years since our 1st Dojo

Get tickets to attend our 5th Birthday on September 17th here

Start your own Dojo and join our global network of more
than 1090 Dojos spanning 63 countries!

Hello World Foundation operating as the CoderDojo Foundation is a company limited by guarantee not having a share capital with charitable status, CHY 20812. Registered in Dublin, Ireland, No 524255. Registered Office: Dogpatch Labs, Unit 1, CHQ Building, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland.

Pete O'Shea
Community (EMEA) & Events
PH: +353876965019 | Skype: peter__oshea
Twitter: @peter0shea @CoderDojo

zita...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2016, 4:51:09 PM10/20/16
to CoderDojo Organizers
Hi Pete
Did you receive your pack?

Peter O'Shea

Oct 21, 2016, 5:36:13 AM10/21/16
to coderd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zita,

Yes we did, it contains:

  • A Git cheat sheet
  • Git work flow info card
  • Markdown info card detailing how to use markdown
  • Octocat Stickers
I have yet to fully run through it with a Dojo.

Pete

On 20 October 2016 at 21:51, <zita...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Pete
Did you receive your pack?

Pete O'Shea
Community (EMEA) & Events
PH: +353876965019 | Skype: peter__oshea
Twitter: @peter0shea @CoderDojo

CoderDojo are celebrating 5 years since our 1st Dojo

You can get tickets to our Annual Community Conference here.
Start your own Dojo and join our global network of more
than 1,100 Dojos spanning 65 countries!