Re: CoderDojo Volunteer

Panpan Lin

Oct 27, 2014, 5:29:02 AM10/27/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm interested in becoming a volunteer.

I first heard about CoderDojo from a friend who is volunteering in a CoderDojo in D15. I was a student doing an M.Sc. in Interactive Digital Media at Trinity and was thinking that perhaps I could also help in some ways as a volunteer, but I was busy with my dissertation back at that time so I wasn't able to do so until now. For my course at Trinity we mostly worked with Python, JavaScript, HTML and CSS. I was wondering if your group is still in need of any volunteer in teaching the skills above and how I can get involved.

Thank you very much for your time!

Regards,

Panpan

Brian Matthews

Oct 27, 2014, 11:37:32 AM10/27/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Panpan,

We are always looking for volunteers. Our next session at the Science Gallery will be from 1-3pm on Saturday, November 1st. If you come along and make yourself known to one of the other mentors we'll get you started.

For the larger group we'll be continuing on a basic introduction to HTML. Once we continue that series we will probably do some Scratch and have been discussing doing some Javascript or Python after than. But we also have a smaller group working on their own projects who might also benefit from you skills if you're not interested in helping out with Scratch.

Regards,
Brian

Panpan Lin

Oct 27, 2014, 11:58:48 AM10/27/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

I am attending an event at Google this Saturday so I will not be able to make it this Saturday. Will you be running next Saturday (November 8th) as well? Is it OK if I drop by then? Sorry about this!

Best,

Panpan

Brian Matthews

Oct 27, 2014, 12:47:43 PM10/27/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Panpan,

Some of the kids and mentors will be at that event too.

We will have CoderDojo sessions on the following dates between now and the Christmas break.

1st November
8th November
22nd November
6th December
13th December
20th December (tenative)

Regards,
Brian

Panpan Lin

Oct 27, 2014, 1:09:58 PM10/27/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I can come to the sections starting from Nov. 8th. If there will be a group of CoderDojo kids and mentors attending the Google DevFest together on Saturday, I suppose I could just drop by and say Hi to them? If that's convenient for them, here's my number: 089 460 8937. Otherwise I will meet them on the 8th.

Best,

Panpan