Android Programming

Darrel

Feb 27, 2015, 3:52:19 AM2/27/15
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,
I have been learning java for 2 weeks now for the purpose of making android games and apps. I have been using tutorials from thenewboston.com. I am just wondering exactly how much java knowledge is required to make android games and apps. Basically I know the simple things like loops,if and else statements, scanner, using multiple classes, methods and arrays. Is this knowledge enough to start making games and apps. And if not how much more do I need to know.

Thanks in advance
Darrel

Ivan Vučica

Feb 27, 2015, 9:55:01 AM2/27/15
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com

Knowing the platform is as important as knowing the language. From what you wrote, it sounds like by now you could dive into Android-specific development and learn more Java as you go.

sent from phone