Steam Games Problems

James Breslin

Nov 15, 2014, 9:59:56 AM11/15/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I recently bought a mac, and i'm just wondering if there is any software that allows you to play windows only games on steam on my mac.
I have the games in my steam library but i just cant play them. Such as DayZ and Five Nights At Freddys.

Any help would be much appreciated

David Gillen

Nov 15, 2014, 10:50:42 AM11/15/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

There is an osx steam client, and any games in your library which have
a mac version will appear there. Then there is a tool called dosbox
which can be used to run older dos games on linux and osx. There is a
nice front end on osx for this called boxxer. This will only work for
older games, you will need to install them on a windows machine and
then copy them across.

Newer games which depend on directX libraries are unfortunately much
more difficult to get running on osx. You could look at wine, but
often there is a lot of fiddling to get things working under wine.

Best of luck.

David.
> --

David Gillen

Jorge Handl

Nov 15, 2014, 10:57:17 AM11/15/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
You can install Windows on a partition of your hard-disk using Parallels and run any Windows software.

Oisin Hurley

Nov 15, 2014, 1:39:26 PM11/15/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Bootcamp [1] will allow you to boot your Mac into Windows and you can
play from there. It will be faster than Parallels or other virtual
machine approaches.

--oh

https://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/