Upcoming Event Planning - Coder Dojo Long Island

Devon L

Jul 14, 2013, 3:56:43 PM7/14/13
to coder-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Coder Dojo Long Island,

In anticipation of our next event on July 20th from 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm...

Students/Parents should download Scratch version 1.4 in advance. There is a web-based version accessible online at www.scratch.mit.edu, and parents should setup an account for their student there to contribute to and remix code examples.

Coder Dojo Long Island account:

Goal: In 1.5 hours I will instruct students on the basic use of Scratch to construct a game using controlled movements. When complete, students will understand how to utilize Scratch to create their own basic game, with an understanding of basic game mechanics to be used in many game types.

Devon Loffreto
NoizIvy.org

Subsequent to completion of Coder Dojo program, I will provide students of CoderDojoLI a discount code to go on a deeper dive of Scratch programming at Stony Brook University August 12th - 16th: (Ages 9 - 12) http://www.eventbrite.com/event/6499908401

Look forward to seeing you there!