404whentryingtodownloadcodepro

Jacob Brozenick

Sep 26, 2013, 9:20:53 AM9/26/13
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
 Google CodePro eclipse plugin sites seem to be down.

I get a 404 when i hit this from a browser http://dl.google.com/eclipse/inst/codepro/latest/3.6 and eclipse cant find the repo.  I cant seem to find any alternate URLs when i search the web, are these tools still supported/available?

Any why cant i put spaces in the subject line for this post?!

Eric Clayberg

Sep 26, 2013, 9:40:58 AM9/26/13
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
That is an update site URL for use with the Eclipse update manager. It is not a URL meant to be used with your browser.

Jacob Brozenick

Sep 26, 2013, 11:31:08 AM9/26/13
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
Yes I realize that.  The eclipse software installer can not find the site either, it cant find any of the sites listed here: https://developers.google.com/java-dev-tools/download-codepro

eclipse fails to load saying "No repository found".  The connection times out trying to connect.

After eclipse failed to connect i put the URL in a browser simply as a trouble shooting step.

I'm just trying to rule out the possibility that googles server is down or having issues before i begin trying to fix a problem at my end.

Eric Clayberg

Sep 26, 2013, 1:09:22 PM9/26/13
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
I tried it using Eclipse 3.6, and it worked fine for me.

Jacob Brozenick

Sep 26, 2013, 3:43:51 PM9/26/13
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, must be a network issue on my end.

Thank you for the replies man!

Eric Clayberg

Sep 26, 2013, 3:57:18 PM9/26/13
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
I know the Eclipse Update Manager can be pretty sensitive to network issues and generally will not work behind a firewall (and sometimes in the presence of aggressive antivirus software).