Eclipse 3.6 Helios CodeProAnalytix plugin compatibility with Eclipse 4.3 Kepler

Arun Shahu

Nov 13, 2014, 1:01:24 AM11/13/14
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I managed to install the Eclipse 3.6 CPA plugin in my eclipse 4.3 with a warning message sometimes and using it for auditing the code and generating the junit test cases. We were also thinking of suggesting it to other developer.
We were wondering if the future builds of CPA  released for latest versions of eclipse be commercial or free.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Arun

John McCabe

Nov 13, 2014, 7:39:42 AM11/13/14
to codepro-...@googlegroups.com
Future builds? Mmm - Here's a link to the last thing anyone related to the CodePro project said in this forum:

It was a little over a year ago. I haven't seen any evidence of any work being put in to CodePro since quite a while before that (e.g. the last version was built to support Eclipse Indigo, a 3+ year old Eclipse release) so I wouldn't hold my breath for any future builds although it would be nice!

I personally wouldn't suggest it to anyone now; while it's a nicely integrated tool, 3 years is a long time on OSS and there are probably alternatives out there that would be a better option at this point.

John