CPF business plan -> OSS business plan

Ayende Rahien

Sep 18, 2009, 10:34:48 PM9/18/09
to codeplex-...@googlegroups.com
Here is something that just pop up in my mind. Something that CPF can do for OSS projects is to build a business plan for them.
Long term, viable, OSS projects make money for the people who use them.
Labor of love may sustain a single committer, but not a team.
Guiding projects into a viable business model that they can make money off is probably the best thing you can do for projects.

Mark

Sep 21, 2009, 2:14:52 PM9/21/09
to CodePlex Foundation
I like this suggestion a lot, and it is something we've talked about
some internally. Probably not the first thing we're going to tackle
out of the gate, but there is so much that projects need to do to be
successful besides just have devs write code. There is a role for CPF
to provide resources and expertise in some of these other areas
critical to project success.

Mark Stone
Deputy Director
The CodePlex Foundation