zope.interface and other newbie questions

gary_p

Mar 17, 2010, 12:53:33 PM3/17/10
to codenode-devel
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask:

1. What is codenode? Is it the notebook part of sage with the math
removed? (The reference to sage on the homepage confused my little
brain.)

2. I don't see instructions for starting codenode. After some
hunting I did
codenode-admin init codenode
cd codenode
codenode-admin run

Is that the way?

3. I'm on Kubuntu 9.10. I installed using virtualenv and pip, my
first experience with virtualenv and pip. After installing, and
trying to start as above I get an exception:

(codenode)gap@gap-laptop:~/Documents/python/virtualenv/codenode$
codenode-admin run
Traceback (most recent call
last):
File "/home/gap/Documents/python/virtualenv/codenode/bin/twistd",
line 18, in <module>
from twisted.scripts.twistd import
run
File "/home/gap/Documents/python/virtualenv/codenode/lib/python2.6/
site-packages/twisted/scripts/twistd.py", line 11, in
<module>
from twisted.application import
app
File "/home/gap/Documents/python/virtualenv/codenode/lib/python2.6/
site-packages/twisted/application/app.py", line 7, in
<module>
from twisted.python import runtime, log, usage, failure, util,
logfile
File "/home/gap/Documents/python/virtualenv/codenode/lib/python2.6/
site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line 17, in
<module>
from zope.interface import
Interface
ImportError: No module named zope.interface

out of curiousity, I did
$ pip install zope.interface
Requirement already satisfied: zope.interface in /usr/lib/python2.6/
dist-packages
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-
packages (from zope.interface)
Installing collected packages: setuptools,
zope.interface
Successfully installed zope.interface

but codenode still can't find it.

any ideas?