Better Django integration with new merge of 'jamescasbon/django-commands' branch

Alex Clemesha

Dec 13, 2009, 12:30:21 AM12/13/09
to codenod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I merged in the "django-commands" branch in the
core here: http://github.com/codenode/codenode.
(I had to make a couple small changes to get things going,
maybe look them over and see if they make sense)

We still have to update the docs soon to reflect all the great
new changes... (this is a note to myself, or anyone else that beats me to it).

I played with the new features and looked more into the
code, and I've gotta say, great job James on everything!!

It's very awesome how much better integrated everything
is with Django now, and I noticed some overall cleanups in
several places, so thanks James very much for those too.

-Alex

--
Alex Clemesha
clemesha.org

Dorian Raymer

Jan 4, 2010, 6:14:15 AM1/4/10

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Alex Clemesha <clem...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I merged in the "django-commands" branch in the
core here: http://github.com/codenode/codenode.
(I had to make a couple small changes to get things going,
maybe look them over and see if they make sense)

Finally had time to really examine this work, and left initial comments in this thread

We still have to update the docs soon to reflect all the great
new changes... (this is a note to myself, or anyone else that beats me to it).

I played with the new features and looked more into the
code, and I've gotta say, great job James on everything!!

It's very awesome how much better integrated everything
is with Django now, and I noticed some overall cleanups in
several places, so thanks James very much for those too.

I agree on the great value of better integration with django. Very nice!
The comments I left on the other thread hopefully wont be interpreted as anti-django...only looking to make sure we do the best thing for codenode-admin. I'll re-emphasize that It is awesome that the rest of the frontend commands are better integrated with django. I see a room for a few new commands already, like a one liner for exporting/importing a notebook[s] or a command for upgrading a codenode database from one version to another, etc.

Dorian

-Alex

--
Alex Clemesha