Which file to select when adding an event in the Scene Builder?

esmi...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2015, 11:53:45 PM9/12/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
I am currently using NetBeans 8.0.2 on a Mac with Yosemite and version 3.1.5 of the CodenameOnePlugin.

I have generated a new project, built it, and opened the GUI Resource file in the Codename One Designer.  Now when I click on any of the buttons to add events, the first thing the Designer does is ask me to select a file.  What I don't know is:

What file should I be selecting?

Should it be the main .java file for the app?
Should it be the resource file?
Should it be something else entirely?

Which file should I be selecting?

Thank you

Carlos Verdier

Sep 13, 2015, 4:45:58 AM9/13/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, esmi...@gmail.com
Hey, that's happening to me as well I've never known the reason. I just cancel and ignore the dialog and proceed as normal in StateMachine.

Shai Almog

Sep 14, 2015, 1:45:23 AM9/14/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, esmi...@gmail.com
Hi,
this is a problem in the connection between the IDE and the designer which are loosely coupled in the case of netbeans.
You can trigger this dialog thru the File->Setup NetBeans menu dialog in the designer tool.
It expects you to select the NetBeans.app file (technically app bundle directory but looks like a file) in the picker. This allows it to effectively "jump" to the line of code within NetBeans.

Its something we'd like to improve in an upcoming tool.