getProperty "AppVersion" returns possibly wrong String

CS

Oct 22, 2014, 4:19:40 AM10/22/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans
Desktop OS: Mac OS X
Device: Android 4.2

I have set my version to 0.10 for which I would assume that command
Display.getInstance().getProperty("AppVersion", null));
would return "0.10", but I get "0.1".

My question is: Is this correct behaviour?

It seems that version info works as "double" value, but in my mind it should work as:
"number"+"dot"+"number".

Does "stores" treat version 0.9 > 0.10 (as would be in double) or 0.9 < 0.10 (if numbers would be treated separately). I always assumed latter.

Thanks for answers.

Regards,
CS

CS

Oct 22, 2014, 7:36:14 AM10/22/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Running on simulator it works as expected. It shows "0.10".

So is this just Android thing or I am missing something?

Shai Almog

Oct 23, 2014, 12:24:51 AM10/23/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, computer.s...@gmail.com
Versions in Codename One are decimal numbers with 2 digits.
We do it this to avoid a lot of the platform specific complexities with version numbering. So 0.10 is really 0.1 in the build servers.