Unable to set the Project SDK - Hello World (Uber Clone in 7 Days)

macdonal...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2018, 7:18:31 AM8/27/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: IDEA 2018.2.2 Community Edition
Desktop OS: Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6
Simulator
Device
Book: Create an Uber Clone in 7 Days.

I'm on Chapter 1 of the Hello World (Creating a new Hello World Project). I've installed all the required software following the Appendix of the book.

But In the Create New Project (Codename One), The Project SDK is empty and I'm unable to select anything. If I click the New button, I can see the JDK home path (/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_181.jdk/Contents/Home).

If I create New Project (selecting Java instead of Codename One), the Project SDK is populated automatically with 1.8.

Please advise.
Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.16.56 PM.png

Shai Almog

Aug 28, 2018, 1:39:54 AM8/28/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I'm unable to reproduce it. When I click new I'm able to add a JDK and then when I finish it's populated into the combo box and I can pick it.
Do you see something in the IntelliJ log file?
Can you attach it?

MacD

Aug 28, 2018, 3:02:44 AM8/28/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi Shai,

Please find the attached log.
idea.log

Shai Almog

Aug 28, 2018, 4:15:09 AM8/28/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
It's possible that this is because the "Secondary HD" space in the path. To test this try creating the project to a path without a space in it. Right now we have a restriction about spaces because of some issues with our tools related to space characters in paths.

MacD

Aug 28, 2018, 4:42:44 AM8/28/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi Shai,

Do you mean creating the project all the way from the Appendix B (setup Spring and MySQL)?

Shai Almog

Aug 29, 2018, 2:01:14 AM8/29/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
If I understood correctly that's where you are stuck, no?
The new SDK part is required to create a project.

tta...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2018, 8:40:48 AM11/24/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I'm also encountering the same issue. Have you solved it?

Shai Almog

Nov 25, 2018, 1:12:01 AM11/25/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Make sure you are using JDK 11 or Oracle JDK 8.