Ideas for Chat App

Guilherme Motta

Nov 21, 2013, 7:30:18 AM11/21/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
I need build a chat app, but I don't have any idea how it works...

If someone have a source code or one simple idea?

Shai Almog

Nov 21, 2013, 2:08:57 PM11/21/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we wrote a chat demo back in the days of LWUIT that should be reasonably portable to Codename One although its really old in comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFClNS5vWQs
http://codenameone.blogspot.co.il/2009/06/chat-demo-source-code-now-live.html
http://lwuit-incubator.java.net/

I think you can create something FAR better looking and much easier today.
Message has been deleted

Guilherme Motta

Nov 22, 2013, 6:48:10 AM11/22/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Shai I have another problem...

I need that my phone to comunicate with a server, when someone send a message, the server send to receiver, I don't have idea how...
Websocket, webservice or other way?

Chen Fishbein

Nov 22, 2013, 11:21:19 AM11/22/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
There are many techniques.
The modern technique is to utilize push notifications for this.
device A sends a message to the server, the server holds the data and send push notifications for the relevant device or devices that a message is available on the server for them.