How to use the sources from github with Intellij

Ahmed Kamel Taha

Jul 2, 2016, 5:12:39 AM7/2/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Greetings,

I would like to know how to configure intellij dependencies so i can work on my github fork .. i have tried a lot but never get it right.
So basically i need something like this video but for intelij :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nD75pODPWk

Thanks a lot for the great framework.

Best Regards,
Ahmed

Shai Almog

Jul 3, 2016, 1:18:21 AM7/3/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks!
we use NetBeans for the development so we haven't really worked on that. I noticed you submitted a pull request so I'm guessing you were able to get this working.
If so any details on this for future IDEA users would probably be helpful.

Ahmed Kamel Taha

Jul 3, 2016, 1:41:15 AM7/3/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
I was able to get it working with netbeans, But unfortunately still no luck with intellij.
However what i was able to do so far is developing in intellij and run the same project in netbeans ,
i did that by just adding the fork,JavaSE port as a modules and then add the module as a dependency to my CN1 project.

If you needed to edit the codename one module in Intellij wizard you could do that by changing the module type to JAVA_MODULE in the module file (.iml) and then set it back to CodenameOne.Module

Best Regards,
Ahmed

Shai Almog

Jul 4, 2016, 12:05:21 AM7/4/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
I would generally avoid the module approach as it might conflict with the project settings.
With this approach I would just copy the updated jar files into place in the IDEA project.