Videos display like YouTube App

Gordons

Jul 1, 2013, 10:56:46 AM7/1/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I have a bunch of urls of videos that I want to display on my Form. Is there a way I can display them like YouTube videos embedded in iFrames, kind of?

Shai Almog

Jul 1, 2013, 12:38:33 PM7/1/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Depends on the type of videos but you can place a video using the MediaPlayer component.

Agada Godwin

Jul 1, 2013, 12:46:53 PM7/1/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
They are in ".flv" format. They are actually urls from YouTube stored in a server that I am calling through an API.

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Depends on the type of videos but you can place a video using the MediaPlayer component.

Shai Almog

Jul 2, 2013, 12:49:21 AM7/2/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
This probably won't work on most devices. Your best bet would be to just open a browser to display the video either by using the Display.execute(URL) method or by using the WebBrowser component (for devices other than RIM/J2ME).

project.elecomp

Jun 14, 2014, 5:27:40 AM6/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am looking to play YouTube movies which are in the format of "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuKNNdrmqns" in the form. It is not a file or flv format.
Is it possible? I appreciate if you comment.

Thanks

Shai Almog

Jun 14, 2014, 11:51:28 AM6/14/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
please don't reopen old threads not started by you.
The only way officially supported by youtube is to embed the HTML into a web component. Everything else is against Google's terms of service and will get blocked.