editing properties on a new platform

Dave Dyer

Jul 9, 2021, 1:06:38 AM7/9/21
to CodenameOne Discussions

This is a minor FYI.  I'm experimenting with moving
projects from a PC to a Mac, and I expect to have to
do some wrangling to get the path names correct.

However, the "Codename1 Settings " action in eclipse
doesn't even open the wizard due to some problem with
the pc style pathnames embedded in codenameone-settings.properties

Dave Dyer

Jul 9, 2021, 2:54:45 AM7/9/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
also, after editing to make the paths superficially acceptable, the wizard
is unable to save - but there are no complaints, just a lack of result.

Shai Almog

Jul 10, 2021, 12:58:53 AM7/10/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
Is this on Maven or on the plugin. I suggest moving to maven where this migration should work more smoothly.

Dave Dyer

Jul 10, 2021, 1:18:23 PM7/10/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
I still use the plugin in eclipse.   I have a customized build xml which will be a pain to convert to maven.

Shai Almog

Jul 11, 2021, 3:37:30 AM7/11/21
to CodenameOne Discussions
I suggest creating a new project and copying the values from there. Make sure to open the settings from that new project and do an update first.