fatal error loading the resource file java.io.EOFException

Winston Dehaney

Oct 4, 2013, 10:36:34 AM10/4/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hello, good day. I was trying to implement the facebook like button and I was looking for what to add. when i tried to run the emulator it didn't run. But when i tried to open the res editor, it throw an error. I get the "fatal error loading the resource file java.io.EOFException" message. some of the components are loaded, but some are not shown. is there a way to regain everything, or to fix this problem?

Shai Almog

Oct 4, 2013, 3:40:14 PM10/4/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure the resource file is corrupted? Is it a 0 size file?
If it is not can you attach it here or to an issue in the issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/codenameone/issues/list

Winston Dehaney

Oct 9, 2013, 5:12:57 PM10/9/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
ok, I tried restarting the app i was doing, but today again the same thing happened. It is not 0 size; it even shows some of the forms and components from what i had, but there is no theme, and some of the forms are gone after i closed the error messages. And the app will not run without the res file. It seems to me that whenever something goes wrong maybe in the linking from the designs and the statemachine code this corruption happens. here is the res file i had. I don't know if I should attach the whole project

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you sure the resource file is corrupted? Is it a 0 size file?
If it is not can you attach it here or to an issue in the issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/codenameone/issues/list

theme.res

Winston Dehaney

Oct 9, 2013, 5:22:00 PM10/9/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
sorry I took so long to respond

Shai Almog

Oct 10, 2013, 2:04:51 AM10/10/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Do you have an XML version of this resource as well?
If so can you zip it and add it here too.

I'm debugging this failure and it seems that when it reaches the point where it reads USM Logo.png it expects a file that's 465968 bytes but it reaches an EOF.
Can you check the size of that file on disk? Is this the correct size for that file? It does seem a bit excessive.

Winston Dehaney

Oct 10, 2013, 12:07:37 PM10/10/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
What I did was to zip the entire project and attach it here. I saw a couple of zip files, but I didn't know which one you were referring to.

Shai Almog

Oct 10, 2013, 2:50:06 PM10/10/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I didn't refer to any of them.
Can you answer the question about the USM Logo.png file.
I asked whether you have an xml version of the resources under the res folder?

Winston Dehaney

Oct 10, 2013, 7:50:55 PM10/10/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
oh, I don't believe I do. What I ended up doing today was to create a new project altogether and build the app from scratch. So you don't have to bother with the res file anymore. I was wondering though, just to prevent the same occurrence again, what should I do?

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Winston Dehaney <winston....@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry, I meant this one

Shai Almog

Oct 11, 2013, 2:22:12 AM10/11/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I'm still not sure how this happened. How big is the png file?
It seems like the res file got partially written but its hard to retrace what went wrong.

You can use the new experimental team mode which will provide some benefits of saving the file as XML as well: http://www.codenameone.com/3/post/2013/08/teamwork-and-other-things.html

Winston Dehaney

Oct 11, 2013, 5:23:48 PM10/11/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
ok, I'm going to start doing that. Thanks for the time and help.