transparent title area

Bryan Buchanan

Dec 16, 2013, 11:26:25 PM12/16/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I changed "Title" selector to have Transparency = 0 and "TitleArea" to have Transparency = 0 and Border = Empty. In the simulator the title area is indeed transparent, but on an Android 4.0.3 and 4.1.2  device the title area is still solid grey. Is there something else I need to change.

Shai Almog

Dec 17, 2013, 1:19:27 AM12/17/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Android uses the native title and commands by default. If you change the command behavior you can customize the title (theme constant or thru display) but we don't recommend it since Android users normally expect the action bar.

Bryan Buchanan

Dec 17, 2013, 1:41:24 AM12/17/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Is it legitimate to have no text for the title ? I tried this on one form and the grey title doesn't display, and you obviously lose the soft back key.

Shai Almog

Dec 17, 2013, 2:46:49 PM12/17/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
We generally treat the blank title as hide. Which is legitimate but probably not what you want in this case.
For iOS the slide animation depends on there being a title (since it fades and slides differently).

Bryan Buchanan

Dec 17, 2013, 2:50:51 PM12/17/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I actually send an iOS build with blank titles and when running on the device there's no way to go back a form without the back button in the title. I suspect Apple wouldn't approve an app that had it's own back buttons and not the platform default in the title area.

Shai Almog

Dec 18, 2013, 12:25:22 AM12/18/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Apple allows removing the title for some use cases which is why we also allow it.
Regardless, to workaround this you can set the title to " ".