Native UWP Code

Matthias Bay

Aug 4, 2016, 6:35:41 AM8/4/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
I have to write native code for UWP.
At first I thought it would use the same code as for WindowsPhone (since UWP returns "win" for getPlatformName() ), but this seems to be wrong.
NativeLookup.create(MyNative.class); returns null.

Steve Hannah

Aug 4, 2016, 10:44:35 AM8/4/16
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Native interface support isn't yet complete for UWP.  It's in the works.

Steve Hannah
Software Developer
Codename One

Matthias Bay

Aug 4, 2016, 11:21:20 AM8/4/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks. Can you estimate when it will be available? (alternatively com.codename1.io.Socket on UWP, which is the underlying problem)
If it won't be within a month or so I'll have to dump my project :(

Shai Almog

Aug 5, 2016, 2:17:14 AM8/5/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
While we'd like to have it beforehand we can't make guarantees. Since UWP is still in early stages I think 1 month would be a risky bet.