Processing attribute 'MIDlet-Jar-URL' failed

anop...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2014, 8:27:23 AM1/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
When navigating to the codename one website (server tab) over the QR code which is generated when my build is completed successfully there is a result.zip and a xxxxxx.jad files also available for downloading.
Unfortunately, when I download them and try to install the xxxxx.jar or the xxxxx.jad file contained in the result.zip file through the NOKIA Suite I get the following error:

Processing attribute 'MIDlet-Jar-URL' failed

I need that in order to send my app to other people for testing.

Thank you!

Shai Almog

Jan 28, 2014, 3:25:41 PM1/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
You can't download the jad, you need to point at the full URL so the jar would be located. If you want to install locally download the result zip file and unzip it. Use the jad from there.

anop...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2014, 6:18:15 AM1/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I'm accessing the codenameone.com website through my NOKIA's (701) browser.
I download the result.zip file to the download folder.
When downloading is finished I tap on the result.zip file but I get a message "Corrupt result.zip!".

Shai Almog

Jan 29, 2014, 12:50:45 PM1/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
Download that file to your PC not your phone.

anop...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2014, 5:55:12 AM1/30/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
1. I download the result.zip to my PC.
2. I unzip the file on my PC
3. I copy and paste the created folder to my phone
4. On my phone - I click the xxxxx.jad file I get: Processing attribute 'MIDlet-Jar-URL' failed
5. On my phone - I click the xxxxx.jar file I get: Compulsory attribute 'MIDlet-1' missing

Shai Almog

Jan 30, 2014, 12:45:37 PM1/30/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
Place them in a server and navigate to the jad file URL. They both need to be in the same directory.

anop...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2014, 9:34:47 AM1/31/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, anop...@gmail.com
Thanks Shai.. it finally worked!