https://cloud.codenameone.com/buildapp/index.html hangs when tap on login

Mark Bolduc

Jul 29, 2020, 5:03:38 PM7/29/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA Netbeans 12.0
Desktop OS Windows 10 Pro
Simulator latest
Device Android Tablet  Galaxy Tab S5E

Display.getInstance().execute("https://cloud.codenameone.com/buildapp/index.html");
loads the builds form, goes immediately to login form.

Enter the username and password, tap login and it hangs forever.

Please see attached screen shot.

Regards
Screenshot_20200729-165312_Firefox.jpg

Shai Almog

Jul 29, 2020, 10:06:19 PM7/29/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
Is this happening only on this specific device?
Did it work in the past?
Is the native app working for you?

Mark Bolduc

Jul 30, 2020, 8:58:04 AM7/30/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
The app performs correctly, only the web app on android does not.

Turns out "https://cloud.codenameone.com/buildapp/index.html" on Microsoft Edge Hangs also. See Pic "CodeNameOneWebAppHangsAtLogin_1.JPG"
Microsoft Explorer & Firefox opens the web app w/o requesting login.
Interesting.

Thoughts?
Regards.
CodeNameOneWebAppHangsAtLogin_1.JPG

Shai Almog

Jul 30, 2020, 10:46:48 PM7/30/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
Do you see anything in the browser console in that case?
Can you also file an issue on that?
We're about to overhaul the app and I'd like to take a look at some of those things.

Mark Bolduc

Jul 31, 2020, 10:58:16 AM7/31/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
Microsoft Edge: Partial screen loads, however issues not displayed

Please see pic "CodeNameOneWebAppHangsAtLogin_3.JPG"

Regarding the Build App, I would request you look at the refreshing as in some occasions the app shows biulding, however after it appears to be taking too long, I swipe down and the app is ready.
Seems like the message of completion from the build server is missed in the app.
I would say this occurs 10 - 15% of the time.

Certainly not a show stopper.

Regards.
CodeNameOneWebAppHangsAtLogin_3.JPG

Shai Almog

Jul 31, 2020, 10:45:31 PM7/31/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
That's for this forum, right?
It's embedded as an iframe so edge might have a problem. Yes, we'd really like to fix that and use a proper forum instead of a google group. We might do that.
I think there might be a few edge cases with the build app and its websocket connection reliability. I've spent a lot of time on this recently and think we can improve this.

Thanks!

Mark Bolduc

Aug 1, 2020, 7:27:29 AM8/1/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
Your time investment shows, It's a nice app.

Regards.