GoogleMaps not showing up with personal API Key, working fine with default ("AIzaSyDdCsmiS9AT6MfFEWi_Vy87LJ0B2khZJME")

max8a...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2015, 9:44:02 PM3/16/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I´m working on NetBeans, and I´m having problems implementing Google Maps to MapsDemo project. When I try with my API key, maps are not showing. However, Google Maps are working fine with default API key ("AIzaSyDdCsmiS9AT6MfFEWi_Vy87LJ0B2khZJME").
Like you can see on the screenshots attached to this message, the configuration I´m using seems to be fine.
Can you please help me?
Thanks and sorry for my English.
Max.
Captura.PNG
Captura2.PNG
Captura3.PNG
Captura4.PNG
Captura5.PNG

Shai Almog

Mar 17, 2015, 12:56:49 AM3/17/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com
Hi,
did you enable the static maps?
Why aren't you using the native maps?
http://www.codenameone.com/blog/mapping-natively.html

max8a...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2015, 11:16:18 AM3/17/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com
Thanks! "Where am I" function is now working! What's still not working is the "Find restaurants" function.
Can you please tell me why should I use native maps? Actually, I don't need Google Places, just need to put some location points in my map. So, could it work correctly with native maps?

I really appreciate your help and fast response!!
Thank you so much!
And again, sorry for my english.

Shai Almog

Mar 17, 2015, 1:51:49 PM3/17/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com
Find restaurants and where am I are not a part of our map API so I'm not exactly sure what you are experiencing.
Native maps look and perform better on iOS/Android devices.

Shai Almog

Mar 17, 2015, 1:51:57 PM3/17/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com

max8a...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2015, 2:51:35 PM3/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com
Thanks for your answer. I'm now following your advice and using native maps.
I follow the tutorial and made it work without import the GoogleMaps lib. Now I would like to know how to add that existing library to my project, I've been trying but I can't come up with it.

Thanks!!!

Greetings.

Max Alegre

Mar 18, 2015, 4:14:02 PM3/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com
I'm having a problem when execute the app in android devices, the map is showing in black. However "Google" logo and zoom buttons are show correctly. What is rare is that the map is appears when I open the slide menu (see the screenshots). What could it be?

Thanks a lot!!

El martes, 17 de marzo de 2015, 14:51:57 (UTC-3), Shai Almog escribió:
SC20150318-170555.png
SC20150318-170602.png

Max Alegre

Mar 18, 2015, 6:51:44 PM3/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com
I also discovered that when I minimize the app and re-open it the map shows great, with the marks and everything.

Max Alegre

Mar 18, 2015, 9:31:01 PM3/18/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com
Hi! I found a better solution to my problem! Look, I just need a fragment of the map, Montevideo - Uruguay more precisely, and put there some marks. Is possible to make this without calling the native maps app? I could make my app work with an image but need that image act like a map cause the coords.

If you have an answer to this, please don't take the trouble of answer my previous questions!!

I'm very grateful to you!!!!

Shai Almog

Mar 19, 2015, 2:49:38 AM3/19/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, max8a...@gmail.com
Just put the map cn1lib into the libs directory and use refresh client libs. You can search this forum for native maps and see the many tips and hints on integrating them.
You can use an Image in the image viewer and add some form of overlay using glasspane or layered layout.