Android only problem scrolling dialog box with textfield

Jeff Crump

Jul 11, 2014, 4:52:28 PM7/11/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Issue applies to:   Android only
IDE: NetBeans 8
Desktop OS: Windows 8
Simulator: no
Device: yes

I've seen some earlier posts on problems like this, but the solutions do not seem applicable to me.

1. Form has tabs that contains a List.
2. Created dialog box with 4 radio buttons, 1 text field and 2 buttons (search & cancel)
3. Packed dialog is shown in the CENTER of the screen.
4. Touching the TextField on all devices scrolls the dialog to the top of the tab, leaving the tab titles and form title still visible.
5. On Android only the dialog appears to have been split. Part of the dialog moved up to the top, while another copy has been raised up only slightly,
6. The TextField background is transparent and the buttons are not visible.
7. Typing in characters places black text on the screen, but pressing the enter key hides the keyboard and redraws the original dialog, but the TextField is still in the scrolled location.

I tried extending the Dialog class and overriding the show methods, but that has not helped.

Best regards,
Jeff
Screenshot_2014-07-11-15-29-42.png
Screenshot_2014-07-11-15-29-58.png
Screenshot_2014-07-11-15-30-07.png

Shai Almog

Jul 12, 2014, 3:36:56 AM7/12/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Since Android resizes the screen when the text editing begins (unlike the iOS port) this is less than ideal with dialogs.
Unfortunately changing this behavior is a big challenge that would require rewriting a large portion of our input code.
The only recommendation I can give is to try to avoid a text field in a dialog box and always make sure that the text field etc. has a scrollable parent container.

Jeff Crump

Jul 13, 2014, 2:53:10 PM7/13/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Okay.