How to find out platform on which application is running?

Dmitry Trunikov

Nov 29, 2013, 7:27:50 AM11/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi ALL :)

May be this is really silly question but quick search in the forum did not give me an answer. So question is:

How to find out at run-time a platform name (j2me/android/rim/win/ios) on which my application is running?

Thanks,
Dmitry

Dmitry Trunikov

Nov 29, 2013, 8:58:01 AM11/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I think I can use approach with native interface to find out current platform. So question is closed.

Shai Almog

Nov 29, 2013, 1:11:39 PM11/29/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we think its not a good idea to do that and 99% of the cases where this is used can be resolve by just using the Override In Platform feature in the designer too (even for handcoded apps). See the How Do I video on that subject.

However if you insist Display has a method called getPlatformName().