Render List in Grid-like Layout

Brian Karoney

Aug 28, 2014, 11:46:36 AM8/28/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am trying to render a list in a dynamic grid of 3 columns. i.e for 12 List elements I would like to have 3 columns and 4 rows...etc
In my list cell renderer, I set the containers layout to a 1x3 grid layout, then put it inside of a container with a BoxLayout-Y. I am rendering the placed the list in the center of a border layout form.  This is not working,  can anyone suggest a possible approach?

Please help me.

Thanks

Shai Almog

Aug 29, 2014, 1:22:08 AM8/29/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
assuming you aren't changing the layout between cell renderings I suggest you use the GenericListCellRenderer or avoid list altogether.

Brian Karoney

Sep 3, 2014, 6:58:35 AM9/3/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I chose to avoid list all together and used dynamic buttons in a grid layout container within a box layout form. Kindly advise what implication this has on the memory overheads.

Thanks.