APP CRASHES ON IOS 8.1.1 ON NEW VM

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 13, 2015, 9:59:49 AM2/13/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA
Desktop OS
Simulator
Device

My app running on IOS 8.1.1 using the new VM crashed on startup. This worked perfectly on the old VM and even about a week ago.Until yesterday. See attached crash report and stack trace. From the stack trace i noticed that loading the theme throws a null pointer exception from Resources.openLayered but the theme file already exist and it worked fine before.

Crash.crash
trace.log

Shai Almog

Feb 13, 2015, 10:38:33 AM2/13/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Crash reports don't help us.
We need a test case that's simple to reproduce, I suggest filing an issue in the issue tracker.

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 13, 2015, 11:40:13 AM2/13/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com

hi,
Did you look at the trace.log file? that should  give a hint of where the error came from. I would find the time to create an issue. A test case should be as simple as calling resource.openLayered and testing on IOS8.1.1 but I would draft SOMETHING

On Friday, February 13, 2015, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Crash reports don't help us.
We need a test case that's simple to reproduce, I suggest filing an issue in the issue tracker.

Onyemaechi Okafor
C.T.O Rzaartz Nig Ltd

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 13, 2015, 3:55:20 PM2/13/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shai,

Please take a look  at this. I made a snap shot of what happened. I think some one had this issue in an earlier post. I believe this is a regression. A simple test case is to call Resource.openLayered(theme.res).

On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 4:40:13 PM UTC, Onyemaechi Okafor wrote:

hi,
Did you look at the trace.log file? that should  give a hint of where the error came from. I would find the time to create an issue. A test case should be as simple as calling resource.openLayered and testing on IOS8.1.1 but I would draft SOMETHING

On Friday, February 13, 2015, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Crash reports don't help us.
We need a test case that's simple to reproduce, I suggest filing an issue in the issue tracker.

Shai Almog

Feb 14, 2015, 1:23:17 AM2/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
did you send a server build or are you just working with local sources?
We made a fix last night that should have resolved this.

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 14, 2015, 1:38:03 AM2/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I did send a build earlier yesterday. I downloaded the sources, ran it on xcode using my IOS devise and that was the outcome. I will build again today to verify that it has been fixed.

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 14, 2015, 6:46:09 AM2/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shai,
The crash is still happening but it is not the Resourcse.openLayered() that triggered it this time.I sent a build today to verify, installed the app and it crashed on startup. I opened xcode to debug and figured it was happening the line  " Hashtable baseTheme = res.getTheme(res.getThemeResourceNames()[0]);". I have attached a screen shot for your information.
try {
            res = Resources.openLayered("/theme");
            Hashtable baseTheme = res.getTheme(res.getThemeResourceNames()[0]); //line that causes crash
        } catch (IOException e) {
            Log.e(e);
        }

Shai Almog

Feb 14, 2015, 11:35:59 AM2/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I need a test case to debug such issues.

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 14, 2015, 2:52:21 PM2/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 15, 2015, 6:39:47 AM2/15/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
hi,

After issue fix, app now crashes at random places.

Shai Almog

Feb 15, 2015, 10:06:56 AM2/15/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'll need a consistent test case for that.

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 15, 2015, 12:41:14 PM2/15/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
this one is Kinder hard. As it is not deterministic. May be you try running your demos and observe the behavior.

Shai Almog

Feb 16, 2015, 12:17:42 AM2/16/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I think I see something in one of our apps. I'm looking into this.

Onyemaechi Okafor

Feb 17, 2015, 2:09:52 AM2/17/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Any update?

Shai Almog

Feb 17, 2015, 1:29:40 PM2/17/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
That particular issue should be fixed.
We are getting some reports on other issues and we are looking into them.