StateMachineBase not updating

t...@pixelsedge.ca

Feb 10, 2015, 11:33:20 PM2/10/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: IDEA
Desktop OS: Windows 8.1

I added another form and made an event. It saved properly and it all updated. I went back into its stopped updating the generated file StateMachineBase. If I add an action to an element it will add it to the userclass, but not the generated. How can I get it to update from my current resource file? I made a lot of changes and would like to not have to re-do them

Shai Almog

Feb 11, 2015, 1:27:34 AM2/11/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, t...@pixelsedge.ca
The state machine base is updated every time you save the resource file.
Did you change something, e.g. packages or something like that?

t...@pixelsedge.ca

Feb 11, 2015, 10:24:27 AM2/11/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, t...@pixelsedge.ca
I didn't change anything, it just stopped updating. All I did change was add some new fields to a form.

I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the generated file and re-loading it from a backup. After doing that I re-opened the resource file and saved it, this updated the document no problem.

Shai Almog

Feb 11, 2015, 12:07:27 PM2/11/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, t...@pixelsedge.ca
Is it possible the version control system made the file read only?

t...@pixelsedge.ca

Feb 11, 2015, 2:21:19 PM2/11/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, t...@pixelsedge.ca
I am not currently using a version control system. In time I may add it to one but right now its just files I copied onto 2 USB keys and 3 different machines. The main work machine, laptop while in transit and home PC, the most updated source is on the USB key as once changes are made they are copied onto that then copied back to the other machines. I suppose the machine switch could have caused it but it was working fine then stopped in the same session, only when the file was deleted and copied back again (just the file not the project) did it start to re-write the file.

Shai Almog

Feb 11, 2015, 11:49:01 PM2/11/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, t...@pixelsedge.ca
Inside the codenameone_settings.proprties there is a full path to the file. You can just remove the file path from there.