Windows Phone builds taking a very long time

cubiq1

Sep 4, 2014, 4:12:43 AM9/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Builds for Java ME and Android are very quick, 20s and 60s respectively for my app, whereas Windows Phone takes around 10 minutes.

Is there any reason for this? Or anything I can do my side to help speed things up?

Thanks

Shai Almog

Sep 4, 2014, 9:55:50 AM9/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
its a more complex process (translation to C# etc.) We also have to self host the windows servers and can't rely on the very fast cloud hosting since no one hosts Windows 8 machines (only the Windows Server machines which isn't what we need.
We are looking into improving that but its not the highest priority right now.

cubiq1

Sep 4, 2014, 12:23:47 PM9/4/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Hopefully things will eventually improve as WP8 finally seems to be gaining traction (at least here in SA).

Cheers