Push notifications and Pro/Enterprise subscription

Mario Barón

Jul 4, 2013, 9:35:11 AM7/4/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shai and Chen,

I have a couple of questions regarding Push notifications and Pro/Enterprise subscriptions:

  1. If I implement push notifications using this type of subscriptions, will my users get notifications only while I have an active account or will they keep getting notifications even if my account is not active but my app is still published in the store?
  2. Do I have to pay any extras for implementing push notifications on more than one app, or, in other words, is there a limit to the number of apps I can implement push notifications on while having a Pro/Enterprise subscription?
  3. Are push notifications currently available for Windows Phone and Blackberry devices? if not, are there any plans to implement them on a near future?

Thanks,

Shai Almog

Jul 4, 2013, 2:58:24 PM7/4/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
1. Only with active accounts. The push functionality/registration is tied to the server which manages device registrations.

2. No. We currently don't set any limits on push usage.
This might change if you are creating tens of millions of push messages.

3. No. Currently there are no plans in place for that. However, any request we get from pro/enterprise developers get promoted to the top of the RFE stack and would probably be done pretty soon after.

Mario Barón

Jul 4, 2013, 3:13:13 PM7/4/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Shai.