Browser Component in Windows desktop build

akash....@more4apps.com

Nov 8, 2015, 6:08:23 PM11/8/15
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi I would be keen if the Browser Component works in Windows Desktop build.

At the moment I installed windows desktop build on Windows 7 PC but it didn't reach to login screen, that is requirement of my project to use that web login page.

The login form (having browser component) is not able to be opened and I am getting NO error / exception ! (I tested by some alerts and writing log into .txt file).

Though I am able to open forms, able to click on buttons and navigation and all before login screen.

Any idea about Browser Component supports in Desktop Windows Build , please ?

Thanks.

Shai Almog

Nov 8, 2015, 10:18:34 PM11/8/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, akash....@more4apps.com
Hi,
it should work as far as I know. It technically just installs a JAR and JRE somewhere and that JRE should include FX which should allow for the browser component.
If you run the jar from command line does it work? Does it print something?
Is this a recent regression? We changed something in the JavaSEPort to workaround a designer issue but it should have no affect on the desktop build.

akash....@more4apps.com

Nov 9, 2015, 2:10:31 PM11/9/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, akash....@more4apps.com

Thanks, that exe didnt work but .jar worked with browser component.

Shai Almog

Nov 9, 2015, 11:52:04 PM11/9/15
to CodenameOne Discussions, akash....@more4apps.com
Then it must mean JavaFX isn't bundled correctly into the bundled app.
Odd, I think it should work. Please file an issue on that and we'll look into it.