Playing audio/video

Popoola Ife

Apr 14, 2015, 3:28:29 PM4/14/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Anytime i try to play any audio or video file i get this exception

java.io.IOException: This fetaure is supported from Java version 1.7.0_06, update your Java to enable this feature
    But my java version is
java version "1.8.0_40"

Please how do i solve this issue.

Thank you
IDE: NetBeans
Simulator
Ubuntu

Shai Almog

Apr 15, 2015, 1:32:10 AM4/15/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
We support Java 7 not JDK 8. I suggest downgrading.
Oracle broke a lot of things with Java 8.

Chen Fishbein

Apr 15, 2015, 5:08:35 AM4/15/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Just tried with Java 8 and it works fine for me, I am guessing it's the javafx on linux which might be missing...

Popoola Ife

Apr 15, 2015, 7:45:09 AM4/15/15
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thank you i just solved the issue by
 installing a new version of the jdk from oracle
 Added a new java platform to my netbeans which is the new java 1.8 i just installed
Setup my java FX
and configured my codenameone project to use the new platform i added instead of the java1.7 it was using by default

It works perfectly now.

Thanks again