Certificate Signing Mac OSX 10.8.5

Chuck Mosher

Dec 1, 2013, 11:34:33 AM12/1/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
I encountered two major difficulties getting certificates installed on my MacBook Air.

On my desktop Mac, I had used X-Code previously, so had certificates set up. No problems there.

On a Mac without X-Code, you have to manage certificates manually on the Apple Dev Portal. There are two issues here:

1. The first time you double click on a ".cer" file, it will load to the System keychain section. You cannot export the certificate from here, you must first drag and drop the certificate to the "login" section.

2. There is a know issue with certificate permissions on Mac OSX. The certificates you download from the Dev Portal by default have restricted permissions that prevent exporting certificates in .p12 format:

To fix this one, double click on the .cer file (you'll need to do this for both dev and dist). Keychain will start up in the "login" store if you have not screwed up the certificate generation on Apple, and have completed step 1. Find the certificate you want to fix - there should be a drop-down triangle showing on the left. If not, you messed something up - try again ;-)  You will see a key symbol next to a private key, double click on the private key. This brings up an "Attributes" menu, click on the "Access Control" tab at the top. Select "Allow all applications to access this item" button and save.

Only took me two days to figure this out, clearly this is a "test of fire" for noob CodenameOne developers to see if we have the "right stuff".

Regards,
Chuck

Chuck Mosher

Dec 1, 2013, 11:41:31 AM12/1/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Whoo Hoo !

Shai Almog

Dec 1, 2013, 2:11:57 PM12/1/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
This should help in the future:
http://www.codenameone.com/3/post/2013/10/ios-code-signing-fail-checklist.html

You can only export from the Machine where the CSR was generated, its a bit painful.