running other apps in Codename one

lonel...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2013, 1:42:15 AM12/9/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I want to create an application example that will execute another application such as adobe reader or anything, I found that will be easy if we want to run the browser but I can't find way to execute other apps. Please tell me if you have do this before, I will very appreciate if anyone can give a sample code about this. Thanks before...

Best Regards

Shai Almog

Dec 9, 2013, 12:19:08 PM12/9/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, lonel...@gmail.com
Hi,
running apps on iOS/Android is performed by executing an application specific URL. This varies a lot between platforms/apps so you need to be more specific about what you are trying to do.

lonel...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2013, 10:38:37 PM12/9/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, lonel...@gmail.com
Thanks for reply Shai,

I write this code on my app:

Display.getInstance().execute("com.adobe.reader");

I'm trying to launch adobe reader with that code, but nothing happen. Can you tell me the right way to do this?

Regards...

Shai Almog

Dec 10, 2013, 1:06:28 AM12/10/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, lonel...@gmail.com
On which platform?
If this is on android read about intents on Android.
If on iOS you should read about application launch URL's.

lonel...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2013, 2:10:28 AM12/10/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, lonel...@gmail.com
on Android, can you give a little example about execute intent with Display.getInstance().execute(); ?

Chen Fishbein

Dec 10, 2013, 3:52:25 AM12/10/13
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com, lonel...@gmail.com