Highest captured image resolution on J2ME devices

cubiq1

Aug 25, 2014, 12:32:18 PM8/25/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is the highest resolution image which may be captured on J2ME equal to the host device's screen resolution?

E.g. On my Nokia N8 I used the following code:

String imagePath = Capture.capturePhoto(1280, 720);

However, the captured image is only 640x360.

Thanks

Shai Almog

Aug 25, 2014, 11:58:44 PM8/25/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
J2ME devices tend to crash if you try to open an image in the full camera resolution so we limit the capture size to the view size.
The resolution arguments won't work for J2ME since it doesn't support ImageIO.

cubiq1

Aug 26, 2014, 4:44:00 AM8/26/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks for the reply. Is it possible to capture full sensor-resolution images on Android? (So 4128x3096 in the case of the Galaxy S4).

Shai Almog

Aug 26, 2014, 10:11:36 AM8/26/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
it should be possible if memory permits.