What is recommended for real time storage and retrieval of data in CN1?

Trini

Apr 21, 2014, 4:53:23 PM4/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Currently I am testing using the CN1's Storage class for my user account testing . Eventually,  I will have a "registration" feature on my app where multiple users can register for an event. This registration needs to keep track in real time for the amount of users currently registered which the count will be incremented until it is FULL.

What will be the best type of storage to accomplish this? I noticed there is a CloudStorage CN1 class, where does this store the data. What about Amazon AWS or S3, can that be a solution. The ideal goal will be to have something that is reliable, fast and safe at little cost. Thoughts?

Steve Hannah

Apr 21, 2014, 11:32:36 PM4/21/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you need to look at a server-side solution.  AWS (S3) may be part of that solution - but not the full solution.  There are lots of solutions for server-side applications - and the one that you choose will depend on which platform and programming you want to work with.  E.g. you can use a JavaEE solution, NodeJS, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Python (e.g. Django), etc...

Once you have the server-side infrastructure set up to handle user accounts and events and event registration, you can create a web service interface to it which your CN1 app will interact with.

Steve

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Trini <jerome...@gmail.com> wrote:
Currently I am testing using the CN1's Storage class for my user account testing . Eventually,  I will have a "registration" feature on my app where multiple users can register for an event. This registration needs to keep track in real time for the amount of users currently registered which the count will be incremented until it is FULL.

What will be the best type of storage to accomplish this? I noticed there is a CloudStorage CN1 class, where does this store the data. What about Amazon AWS or S3, can that be a solution. The ideal goal will be to have something that is reliable, fast and safe at little cost. Thoughts?

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

Shai Almog

Apr 22, 2014, 1:31:27 AM4/22/14
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Our cloud storage/file capabilities requires pro or higher subscriptions and are designed for small amounts of data. If you need a lot of data you can use app engine, AWS or many other server platforms out there.